A Heart That Watches Over the Home
- Watching and Working
- Proverbs 31:27 ~ She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
- Looking Over the Functions of the Home
- safety, health, cleanliness, and security
- money - saving, giving, and stretching it
- take care of clothing needs and maintenance
- food planning and preparation
- as the one who does the grocery shopping and stocks the pantry and refrigerator, I watch over the nutrition, the selection, and the types of foods and beverages available in the house.
- oversee the calendar, keeping an eye open to upcoming events
- all the while intently watching over the attitudes and unexpressed needs of each family member
- What a blessing you can be to your family as you watch, as you keep a lookout over the various functions of the home.
- What a great way to be a helper for your husband as you anticipate, perceive, and act on needs in the home. Before your husband even thinks of something, you have taken care of it!
Step 1: Understand that this role as helper and guard is God's plan for you
- a woman after God's own heart - married or not - watches over the ways of her household and refuses to eat the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27)
- God calls me to be a "virtuous" woman (Proverbs 31:10). The word virtuous means moral strength, strength of character. But a second meaning emphasizes physical ability and psychical prowess. And Proverbs 31 is all about a virtuous woman in both senses of the word.
Step 2: Begin watching over your home (versus eating the bread of idleness)
- Proverbs 14:23a ~ In all labor there is profit
- God's principles were His solutions to my disorganization and inefficiency in my home.
Step 3: Eliminate idleness
- Time Robbers
- inadequate personal planning and scheduling
- interruptions by people without appointments (this includes interruptions by way of the telephone. And please note, your children are not interruptions--they are your greatest work and the best investment of your time!)
- failure to delegate
- poor use of the telephone
- reading junk mail
- lack of concern for good time management
- unclear priorities
- Which robber will you corral this week as you become a more alert, better watcher over your home?
We must pray for eyes to see the vision God has for our precious home and for the hearts to understand how important what happens in our home is to Him. May our goal be that our houses be made into homes that show forth God's desires for the beauty and purpose of those structures.
-----------------------------------------------------Dear Heavenly Father,
Give me eyes to see your vision for this home, give me a hear that understands what is important and what I should focus on each day.
May I remember that in all labor there is profit. May I not eat the bread of idleness and be content.
In Jesus Name,