A Heart That Values Being a Mother
Proverbs 1:8 ~ Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
There is no greater place of ministry, position, or power than that of a mother.
Four passions that reflect a hear that values being a mother.
- A Passion for Teaching God's Word
- Mother's are on assignment from God to teach His word to their children
- Mom's can do many things for their children, but teaching God's Word must be their passion
- The Word of God has value for salvation and value for eternity
- God uses His Word to draw people to Himself
- Romans 10:17 ~ So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- 2 Timothy 3:15 ~ and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
- God's Word never returns to Him without first accomplishing His divine purpose
- A Passion for Teaching God's Wisdom
- Proverbs 31:1-9 ~ The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him. What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows? Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more. Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7 ~ And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down , and when thou risest up .
- The practical wisdom of God is taught in two ways
- we teach by our words, by our talk
- we teach by our walk, by the way we live our lives.
A Heart That Prays Faithfully
- A Passion for Prayer
- learn from godly and praying mothers and grandmothers
- ask God for His insights for your children
- pray for your children's salvation and for their Christian mates
- A Passion for Godly Training
- we must not stop with prayer, we must model a life dedicated to the Lord and train our children to follow His ways.
- take your children to church... Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday night.
- teach priorities - family first, church second and school third
It's God's job to work in our children's hearts, but it is our job to make God;s standards the standards of our own hearts and then to walk by those standards.