Last year I set some goals for myself and I really liked going back and posting updates to make sure I was on track. Of course this only happened the first half of the year because after Mike's home going things unravelled for me. I am now gathering all the pieces and working on getting myself on a new schedule. I'm not sure what God has planned for me in 2011 but what I do know is that I want to bring Him glory.
- Stay in closer contact with family and friends ~ I had this goal last year and I think now more than ever I want to make this a habit in my life.
- Decluttering ~ Now that I live with Paul and Kathy I may not be able to declutter everything but I want to atleast focus in the areas that I can - my bedroom and the craft room. If I can get these two areas of the house organized and declutterd I will be doing good!
- Try one new recipe a week ~ looking for recipes that Kathy, Paul and I all enjoy.
- Create a book ~ I would like to get organized so that I have a quick reference tool of recipes that I can pick from and I will know that Kathy, Paul and I will all eat it.
Financial Goals: This is really a new area for me. I always had financial goals and I could come up with lots of ideas that I would share with Mike but he was my Mr Steady. He would listen and he would decide what was good to set as a goal.
- Follow my budget ~ I created a budget for myself and now I need to stick with it. Not just in following what I allotted for each section but also keeping track and filling out my spreadsheet.
- Blessing others ~ Kathy is a very giving person. She always has been and I have benefited alot from that giving spirit that she has. Now I want to give and be a blessing to others.
- Comment more on blogs ~ I do try and keep up on reading the blogs that I follow but I don't always take the time to leave a comment. I would like to change that this year.
- Participate more on blog activities that promote networking ~ I am not sure how much participation I can do since I am working full time but I want to make it a goal and see how it goes.
- Create a photo prayer journal ~ I want to pray more in 2011 and I want to be focused on others.
- A time of prayer each night before going to sleep
- Pray more frequently for our missionaries
- Go through the Bible on CD
- Use a different stamp set each month to make cards
- Complete one card challenge per month
- Make 25 cards per month
- Post atleast one item on Etsy per month
- Have 1 stamp class per Quarter
Books to Read:
- Bible ~ I haven't decided yet if I want to focus on reading the Bible thru in one year if I want to take it slower and do more studying.
- Hope for the Barren Heart by Karen Koch ~ My cousin wrote this book
- The Undistracted Widow: Living for God after Losing Your Husband by Carol W. Cornish
- The God of All Comfort: Finding Your Way into His Arms by Dee Brestin
- Lord, Heal My Hurts by Kay Arthur