Sunday, January 23, 2011

P365 ~ Week 4

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Monday
Our office was closed for the holiday which made it a great day to work at home. Mom and I did some rearranging of furniture, along with some unpacking and organizing. I found a great place for Mike's flag, picture, dog tag and his Marine ball cap.
Tuesday
We had a potluck at work. I made some really yummy Mac n' Cheese. Kathy and I were cleaning up and Brandon was finishing his food when I realized I didn't take any pictures of the potluck so I snapped this quick picture of Brandon.
Wednesday
We had a girl's night with Tammi (our Pastor's wife). Our kitchen was still without counters and plumbing so we took her out to dinner and then came home to teach her how to play Hand and Foot. I had one of the specials that night... it was a salmon with two shrimp on top. On the bottoms were some very delicious and uniquely seasoned mashed potatoes. The red sauce was a spice red pepper and honey mixture. We had a fabulous night!
Thursday
Mom has been an amazing help. I went to work with my room empty and came home to my new bedroom furniture put together, arranged and everything looking a little more like home.
Friday

We stopped at Home Goods to look for a mini muffin pan and walked out with the deal of a century. This Coke tin container was marked at $49.99 and it rang up at $5.99. I couldn't believe it. I love it and it fits in perfect in our Coke kitchen.

Saturday
We had a special day with Miss Wylma. She is a sweet 92 year old lady from our church. We invited her over for tea time. It was wonderful getting to know her better. She told us all about her family, where she has lived and her pet bird. Sunday
After an entire week of not having a functioning kitchen Mom was eager to get cooking. She made 4 different mini muffins for tea on Saturday. When I woke up this morning she had these sausage crescent bites (recipe coming later this week) baking to take to church. And she has so much time she also made eclairs.
Since I didn't share any kitchen pictures yet, here are some pictures of our new, lovely granite counter tops.
Now it's time for me to read about your week.

8 comments:

sara said...

your house is really coming together! I love the granite!

I wish I was there so you could teach me hand and foot. I have tried to figure out instructions I find on the internet, but I am a visual learner!!!

can't wait for the recipe...can you also include the eclairs?!!

riTa Koch said...

Wow! Had no idea you all were remodeling. Kitchen looks beautiful! And your room.
Oh, my!
"Mary, Mary, how does your baking go?
With mini muffins, sausage crescent bites and fancy eclaires all in a row..."
I can tell she is loving your new kitchen!

Robin Lambright said...

Great counter tops...love it when things get finished. Makes life so much easier!

Great food this week!

Blessings
R

The Bug said...

Oh wow all that food looks GREAT. Can I borrow your mom for a while? Heh.

I really like your place of honor for Mike - his things look good there.

Rosalyn said...

I like the way you have Mike's things placed. The picture of Mom and your room are great. I am so glad she gets to come visit but boy do I miss having her here.

Kathy said...

Yes mom is amazing. I am thankful she was able to come and visit so we could get the remodeling done! Now to get her here to get the carpet done! YAY!
I am glad you are happy living with us!

Susan said...

Wow, if your mom wants, she can come make me some eclairs they look yummy! Aren't mom's just amazingly wonderful the way the can assemble furnature and bake way better than we can!

Its really sweet that you took time out to visit with a lady from your church. She appears to have enjoyed the company.

Loved your photos!

Lhoyt said...

I wish I had seen this sooner. I never saw it when I read the next one. So nice to see your bedroom w/o all the extra boxes and containers in it. Looks so much more roomy.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...