Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baking Day

I received an Amish Friendship Bread starter and today was the day to bake it. I had 2 starters because I was doing one for my Mom since she is out of town. Yesterday I was reading through some blogs and came across some recipes I really wanted to try.
I made
  • Peanut Butter Granola (big red bowl)
  • Big Breakfast Cookie (square pan) - breakfast this morning
  • 2 loaves of lemon poppy seed bread* - to take to church tonight
  • 1 loaf of chocolate bread*
  • Chocolate peanut butter muffins* (green bowl)
  • Biscuits - for breakfast tomorrow morning, I am making sausage gravy to go with it

*Note: These *starred* items are from the Amish Friendship mix. I just made them with different pudding flavors.

------------------------------------------------------------

Peanut Butter Granola - Thanks to Crystal Miller for sharing her recipe on her blog

6 ½ cups oats
½ t salt
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup honey
1 t vanilla
2/3 cup all natural peanut butter
1 cup raisins

Combine oats and salt in a large bowl. In a small sauce pan combine olive oil, honey and peanut butter and heat to combine well. Remove from heat add vanilla.

Pour over the oats and mix well. Spoon onto 1 large jelly roll pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour, stopping every 15 minutes to stir the granola until it is golden brown.

Let finished granola cool. Add raisins and store in air tight containers

--------------------------

Big Breakfast Cookie - Thanks to Lori and Farmwife for sharing the recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C Oil
1/2 C brown sugar
1/3 C wheat germ
2 C Oats (rolled or quick)
1/4 C chocolate chips
1 egg beaten
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 C milk
1 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
Mix together, pour into 9″ greased pie dish, cook for 30-35 min in 350 oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The granola sounds really good. I bet my boys would like the breakfast cookie too.
kvicker at hotmail dot com

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...