Friday, May 23, 2008

What is God teaching you?


These flowers came from my rose bush out front. Aren't they beautiful?

I heard the question "What is God teaching you?" being asked to someone the other day and it made me stop and think...how would I respond to such a question?

I did some meditating on the subject and right now in my life the Lord is teaching me to be content in everything...content in the car we have, content in not having children at this time, content in all He has given us.

I am so blessed and yet I choose to focus on the things I don't have, that I think I need, instead of focusing on all He has already given me. If I don't find contentment in how my life is now, I will never be content. There will always be something I think I need to make me happy and the cycle will never end.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

What is God teaching you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bless my heart...you have come a long way from the little ten year old american girl who only wanted to speak spanish to a growing in Christ young woman who wants to please her Master! Keep on growing and being open to His word and His direction.....and I will see you on the fifth!! luv...me

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Thanks Aunt Phylis... it is amazing to think back to 5th grade and see just how far God has brought me. You played a major roll in my transformation and for that I thank you. Love you and see you soon.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...