Monday, May 19, 2008

Fabulous Day

Yesterday was a wonderful day of worshiping God, celebrating our anniversary and even good shopping deals.

I woke up yesterday and Mike had a card waiting for me in the kitchen. After taking care of the chickens, Betsy and getting ready for church we were out the door. We stopped at Kroger to pick up my newspapers (I am back to buying 2 double papers) and Mike went and got me a Caramel Macchiato. He is so sweet.

After church we went to Publix to change into more comfortable clothes for the day and to do some shopping. They had some really good deals.
  • Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce was $1.10 and I had a $1 coupon so that was 10 cents per bottle of bbq sauce (I bought 4 bottles)
  • Spray & Wash spray was $1.40 and I had a coupon for $1 off so that is 40 cents a bottle (I bought 4 bottles)
  • Dial bar soap the 3 pack was on sale for 97 cents and I had a 60 cent coupon (I bought 2 packs)
  • I also got two 1 cent items which ended up being Publix pasta sauce (normally $1.80)
Lets just say I was very happy with my shopping trip. My OOP total was $4.60 and I saved $23.60.

After that Mike took me to The Cheesecake Factory. We hadn't been there in so long and wow the food was so good. I got the farfalle with chicken and garlic and Mike ordered the Hibachi steak. The meal was excellent. Of course you can't go to Cheesecake Factory and not order a cheesecake... so we got a slice of Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple to take home because we were stuffed from lunch.

We had gotten some movie tickets from our Coke points so Mike took me to watch a movie at the new AMC theater in South Cumming. Lots of new construction there. Anyway they were having some kind of grand opening celebration so we got popcorn for free and a large drink for $1.

After the movie we drove around to see all the new stores and restaurants and we found a Red Robin. We love Red Robin! I see a date night here in the near future :-)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Awww! What fun! We love The Cheesecake Factory... every time I've eaten there it's been awesome! And my sisters keep telling me we've gotta try Red Robin... something about there endless basket of fries... :)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Although they do offer an endless basket of fries (which may I add I have never taken advantage of) my favorite things at Red Robin are the Freckled Lemonade and Banzai burger... so yummy...

Christie said...

Okay, that sounds super yummy! I'm gonna have to remember to try it!

Anonymous said...

hi it was great seeing you over the weekend ,,, wish Mike would of came thanks for comming now to business where do you get the coupons you use ?? you saved alot of money Skip

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

It was great seeing you Uncle Skip... the time is always to short and goes by to quickly. Lord willing next time we plan a get together it will work in Mike's schedule to come up also.
A dear sweet lady at my church showed me some great ways of shopping with coupons. The best place to collect coupons is from the Sunday paper. I actually buy 4 newspapers each Sunday. In GA they sell a double paper for $2.50... so I invest $5 each weekend and I am able to save alot of money throughout the next several months. The best place to get info on sales and using coupons is www.couponmom.com
I will email you with more details so you can start shopping like this if you want.
I will say I do very little shopping at Walmart because they don't double my coupons. Here in GA we shop at Kroger and Publix and then if I have time I shop at the drug stores like CVS and Rite Aid.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...