Friday, April 2, 2010

Frozen Pineapple "Ice Cream" Sandwich


I was cleaning out my cabinet trying to get things organized and I found a package of graham crackers and a box of vanilla pudding. I have no idea why I had these items in the cabinet. So many times I buy specific items for recipes and then I never make it. Anyone else like that besides me?
This time I thought why not search for the ingredients I have on hand and see what I can make with it. So off I went to allrecipes.com to use their awesome ingredient search tool.
Lots of interesting recipes came up and I settled on these delicious Frozen Pineapple "Ice Cream" Sandwiches.
My friend was coming over and I always like to have something to offer her to eat. These sandwiches turned out great and I if you are on Weight Watchers or something like that I think these would be considered "good" to eat if you use fat free or sugar free ingredients.

Frozen Pineapple "Ice Cream" Sandwich

1 (16 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
36 graham cracker squares

In a large bowl, beat together the thawed whipped topping , crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread pineapple mixture 1/2 inch thick between two graham crackers. Wrap gently in plastic and freeze for 2 hours.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Those sound really good,and would be great for weight watching! Thanks!

Karen said...

LOVE pineapple...sounds yummy!

Cathy said...

Yum, that looks good to me! Thanks ~

Madonna said...

One of my favorite dishes to make with graham crackers and pudding is eclair cake. I had been making it for probably 2-3 years before I ever got to taste what it was like. I was making it for dinners at the church and it was always gone by the time I got there. To this day if I don't make it, I always get requests for it. Here is an online recipe I found. They are all about the same. Sometimes I make a chocolate frosting for it and sometimes just a chocolate glaze.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,166,148189-225194,00.html

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...