Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 15

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

This has been such a different week for me. I am not use to Mike not being home. One more week and he will be home. I can't wait!
Monday
Mike left at noon and I got to work. My goal for the day was to clean out my craft room. I moved everything out of the room so I could start from scratch. More before and after pictures will be shared later this week when my task is complete.
Tuesday
Had some girls from church over to do a card class. They had a great time and I am already planning the next one.
Wednesday
While cleaning out my craft room I found a stack of unfinished cards. I took the time to sit down and finish them up. It makes me feel good when I accomplish something even if it was something I should have finished in the first place the first time around. Now I am thinking of putting these cards in a flower shop to sell. If you walked into a flower shop and saw this card, how much would you be willing to pay for it? I always have a hard time figuring a price out.
Thursday
These purple flowers came up out of no where this year. I don't remember them last year so I am not sure where they came from but I do like them. They are beautiful!
Friday
My friend Rebecca came to the rescue for me. I had been in the house all week and I was going a little crazy. I had a rough day because I got some news that upset me and I didn't have anyone to talk to since Mike is out of town on training. Rebecca came over, took me out to eat and even made arrangements to spend the night so we could hang out together on Saturday.Of course we had to go to our favorite restaurant - Red Robin. I tried a new burger (which is Rebecca's favorite) and I think I found a new favorite - the guacamole bacon cheeseburger...yummy!
Saturday
Oh what a great day we had... a much needed girls day... we ran an errand, did some shopping and went and got our hair cut. To style my hair for the evening they straightened it, but I will never take the time to straighten my hair at home. So my hair will look quite different than this once I take a shower.
Thanks Rebecca for a wonderful day!
Now I am heading on over to Sara's blog to read how everyone else's week went.

17 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a good week...

Lisa said...

Glad you got some girl time in. Your cards are beautiful and that's neat that you take the time to teach others your craft.

riTa Koch said...

Sorry about the bad day, but sounds like good came from it.
Love your hair, looks like you got some highlights too.
What a ministry with the card making classes!
Great idea to sell cards at a shop. About prices...don't know...look around in your area.
Buena suerte!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow Rebecca got a lot cut off. cute hair dos on both of you. Love the cards you finished.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time! Can't wait until Tuesday! It's going to be awesome!!!!!

Love ya!

sara said...

I had a craft room in one of my previous houses....I miss that!

I do believe those flowers are really weeds...I have them in my yard. But I may be wrong...I'm not that knowledgeable about flowers. However, some of the prettiest flowers are weeds I think!!!

love the hair cuts...but I'm with you...I don't ever take the time to straighten my hair at home.

beckyjomama said...

Girl time AND a trip to the hair wizard ... sounds like fun to me!

Rebecca Jo said...

We dont have a Red Robin!!! But anything with guacamole wins my vote!! yummm!!!

Love you did a card class with those kiddos... I bet they enjoyed that so much!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a stressful week, but it's good you had a friend to help hold you up! I'm reminded of the song 'Sheltering Tree' by Newsong. Or is it News Boys? I can't remember, but it's 'New' something!

I hope this week is a ton better!

Tori said...

Yeah for friends, organized craft rooms and finished projects! Another adorable card you made...Love it!
Have a super week!!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Sara - you are probably right... the purple flower like thins are probably weeds... but they are pretty!

H-Mama said...

Great friends are priceless!! :)

{as far as the adjustment on my pix, yes... i tinker with them in photoshop. i'm almost never content with the way my photos look 'sooc' - straight out of camera} ;)

RaD said...

Well I hope the time passes by quickly for you and your honey can be back at home with you where he belongs. It's so nice to have a friend to lean on in times like that though.

Your cards are nice, but I wouldn't know how to price them sorry! Still, ya got a lot of talent!

The Davidson Den said...

How great that you held a card class. I'm sure they loved it!

Red Robin sounds like a neat place. And how wonderful to have such a good friend to be there for you and to help you take your mind off things. Such a blessing.

Mr. Pineapple man said...

wow! the cards look great!

Kathy said...

You could call your sister and share the bad news!!!! I am thankful that you had someone to spend time with! Counting down to our trip!!!!! I can't wait to be able to do your hair and makeup on the trip! Oh by the way a pedicure too!

The Bug said...

I love those cards! I'd probably pay $3 for one - but that's probably too low (I'm cheap). They're gorgeous! I really need to get back to making cards (I think I've said that on your blog before).

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...