Sunday, December 21, 2008

Great Publix Deal & CVS Let Down

Before church this morning Mike and I stopped at Publix and got some great deals. We bought all of this plus 2 bags of lettuce (not pictured above because we ate it at church for lunch ~ I made taco salad with it) and only paid $13.31 and saved $68.91.
6 packages of Chinet napkins
1 box graham cracker crumbs
1 white grape juice (this was the mystery 1 cent item)
10 boxes of Betty Crocker brownies
10 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes
4 boxes of brown sugar
1 box of powdered sugar
5 bags of croutons
2 bags of lettuce
Now for my sad CVS story - are you ready for it?
After church I convinced Mike to take me to CVS for a quick shopping spree because I have $35 ECBs that expire 12/26 and CVS has a great Sunday/Monday sale going on right now. Well I get to CVS look for my the first item on my list... out of stock... look for my second item on the list... out of stock... look for my third item on the list... out of stock... look for the fourth item on my list... guess what... you guessed it... out of stock. At this point instead of wasting any more of Mike's time, we went home empty handed.
Tonight I decided to call that specific CVS location and see if their shelves would get restocked by tomorrow so maybe I could go back and take advantage of this great sale but do you know what I found out? The employee I spoke with told me that they ran out of all the Sunday/Monday sale items last night. I asked her if it was a Sunday/Monday sale how could they run out last night. She said the items go on sale at midnight and things got really busy after that. I just couldn't believe it. So basically I had no chance of ever getting these great deals.
I am going to think about stopping my CVS shopping. I just can't keep wasting my time getting all my coupons organized and going to CVS and seeing that all sale items are out of stock.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

You did really good.
I got a bunch of stuff from Pastor and Gabby yesterday- from their freeby stuff. 24 rolls of toilet paper, 12 rolls of paper towels, 5 tubes of toothpaste, 4 toothbrushes, cough medicine, bandaids (not sure how many of these there were many) maxi pads, tampons, panty liners, wax paper, tin foil, antiacids, first aid kits, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, trash bags, swiffers, windex, toilet bowl cleaner, mildew remover, a few games and various other things that I cannot remember right now. They have really been blessed by this opportunity. They got a bunch of toys also that they are going to be giving to the families to give to their kids for Christmas. I was in awe at how much they had left over after the church members went through it. I grabbed some diapers to share with Brandon since he has a little one. They got SO Many diapers- it is amazing!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am glad to hear that they can get this stuff and bless some families... I always thought all companies just threw stuff out... It would be awesome to find out how they got on the list so we could set up something like that here. There are so many families struggling financially now that maybe a little temporary help would get them back on their feet.

Anonymous said...

You did great at Publix! Sorry about the CVS let down. Maybe next time a call before hand might save you the time?

Hugs!

Love said...

Aww....I'm sorry...sounds familiar....they were out of everything when I got there too ...did you get a rain check?

Lhoyt said...

Amazing! Whether we want to or not, we are obligated as stewards of God's resources both in time and money, to make those choices. I commend you for both the perseverance to organize and plan your couponing, and your decision to cut your CVS time loss. Both are good decisions.

Dad

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...