Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Looking Back

I read Kathy's blog this morning and it made me realize that I need to look back and see what God has taken me through. God has been good and merciful to me. He has blessed me with so much and I don't want to forget.

So here goes...
10 years ago I started my first job in the corporate world at Bell South Mobility ~ July 20, 1998. Throughout the nine years of working there I was blessed to work with some great people and God taught me alot about His timing and leaning on Him for direction of my life.

9 years ago we moved to Apopka, Florida which opened up many doors at work and allowed us to get back into a Grace Brethren Church.

8 years ago Mike accepted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior~ July 26, 2000

7 years ago I bought my first house and had the experience of stuffing the garage, living room, bedrooms and patio with 3 households of furniture and boxes while 6 of us lived in the house.

6 years ago Mike and I got married ~ May 18, 2002. We spent our honeymoon in California visiting Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. Both were amazing and I would recommend for everyone to take some time to visit God's created beauty at both parks. We stayed in a cozy barn suite at Rancho Bernardo Bed and Breakfast. That was an awesome place and hope one day to go back and visit Barney and Kathy who run the B&B.

5 years ago I learned how to stamp and make greeting cards and http://www.zizziecards.com/ was started.

4 years ago Mike went through a series of hospital stays and surgeries. God protected him so many times during those months and He gave me the strength I needed to take care of him, work and drive myself wherever I needed to go until my parents moved up to Georgia.

3 years ago Mike and I started praying about adopting a baby. Through the past few years we have been told about specific babies who needed to be adopted but things never worked out to adopt any of them. Although my greatest desire is to be a mother I need to remember to focus on the Lord and allow for His will in my life.

2 years ago Mike turned 40 and we were able to celebrate with family and friends.

1 year ago we moved to North GA, resigned from our jobs with AT&T wireless so Mike could pursue a work at home job with Avaya.

Today I sit at the kitchen table of my little country home looking around at all God has blessed us with. We have learned how to live on a budget and shop with coupons to save lots of money. Mike is still with Avaya and doing a great job working from home, I am able to be a keeper of our home and focus on my role as Mike's helpmeet. We have a new truck in the garage, a hen house with 14 hens and a rooster, and one black lab named Betsy. Thank you God for supplying all our needs and many of our wants!

1 comment:

Mike and Elizabeth Williams said...

Elizabeth~

great posting! I am very blessed to have you as my wife and life-long companion.

I Love You!
Mike

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...