Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Find

Last week I went to a craft show with some ladies from church. We had some time before the show so we decided to go to some thrift stores. I love thrift stores but I don't like the system they have of organizing all their clothes in color order instead of size. For most normal sized people this may work out just fine but since I am not a normal size I end up spending most of my day going through all these clothes that wont fit me. I don't really care about name brands, for me as long as it fits, looks good and I can buy it for a good price I am thrilled.
We stopped at this high end thrift store called My Secret Closet, Inc. They only sell name brand items and they only sell things that look good. You know what I mean? You wont find any shirts from the 80's or anything like that. At first I just looked around. They had a nice wall of shoes that looked brand new but I really didn't need any shoes (thanks to Kathy). They had a wall of purses (Coach, Brighton and lots of others) but I didn't need any purses (thanks to Kathy). The clothes were all organized in sizes, which I love, but they didn't have anything my size. Then the owner of the store came and told us they had more clothes in another room. This was my room. I found some really nice things. I ended up buying Tommy Hilfiger jeans that were marked $14 but reduced down to $7. They looked brand new so I was really happy. I know the price is high for a thrift store but I can't buy jeans at Walmart for $7 so I thought this was a GREAT deal.
Kathy - maybe the next time you come out here we could go. If you wanted to sell any of your purses they would probably buy them from you also. I don't know how much they would give you but if you're interested it would be worth looking into.
Rebecca J. - once you get settled maybe we could go together and do some shopping. Call or email me...I can't wait to hear from you.
Christie - if you ever want to go just let me know. Girls shopping day sounds like fun to me.

As for the craft show, I was disappointed because the one vendor I was looking forward to buying from was not there this year. Last year I bought this awesome bowl for Mike. It was big, had a handle and a thick bottom so when I put something really hot it in I never got burned. I thought I would buy one for myself this year but wasn't able to.
I did get some candles from Ivy Mist Candles company. They make some great candles that burn a long time and the scent lasts throughout the entire candle. This year I got Candy Corn, Cappuccino, Pineapple and Harvest Apple.
The other thing I bought was from the Spicy Chicks. Their mixes are delicious. This year I bought Key Lime (sweet dip), Garlic Galore and Roasted Garlic & Herb (olive oil dip). I can't wait to make them.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you had fun!
When I am out there we should visit the thrift shop. Sounds like lots of fun.
Did you know that Vegas got over 8 inches of snow yesterday!!!!
It was scary driving home- no one knows how to drive in snow- (that is because we barely ever get snow)

Christie said...

Sounds like fun! We should make a day of it sometime! :)

Kathy said...

You have been picture tagged-
Read here for directions on what to do!
www.vegasgirlkathy.blogspot.com

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...