Thursday, December 25, 2008

New Christmas Traditions

This year we started a new tradition of making these delicious Christmas Morning Biscuit Twists.
I woke up this morning at 5 to take care of Betsy so I decided to stay up and make these special treats. Mike and I enjoyed some right out of the oven. Yummy!
I made them with fresh milled soft white wheat flour and they really turned out great. I'm looking forward to continuing this new tradition.
I also found this great idea on The Homespun Heart of making a birthday cake for Jesus, but not just any cake. This is a special cake, it reminds me of the wordless book. Next year I am making one of these cakes and starting yet another new tradition as we remember the birthday of a King.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Lhoyt said...

Great idea! I realize, though, that it is a lot of work for you.
Mom has been doing things like that for me for a long time, and I so appreciate them, though I don't always express it.

Love,

Dad

Kathy said...

Excellent traditions. I am trying to make traditions as well. It is our favorite to have Asado for Christmas along with potato salad and fruit salad.
This year we had a hard time with the asado since it was VERY windy and rainy! But Paul managed!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

An asado sound so good right now...

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...