Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Seasons of Life

Ecclesiastes 3

To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant,
and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I look forward to a new year starting I am reminded through scripture that there is a season for every thing! Although we want to have children (and Lord willing one day we will) I am learning to enjoy the season Mike and I are in right now. A season of focusing on God and growing closer to each other as best friends. I am loving my role as a helpmeet to Mike and will continue to work daily on doing what the Lord has called me to do, minister to my husband.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I know it is hard to accept the season that God has us in some times...but to everything there is a reason. Paul and I have truly struggled with certain seasons in our lives but the one and only thing that made us get through was GOD and only GOD!
Keep up the GREAT job being the good wife that you are... you will be rewarded for this-
And I know that Mike loves the fact that you are home as a helpmeet to him.
Love ya sis!
Kathy

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...