Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baking & Cooking Day

I joined in on the fun of cooking all day long to stock up my freezer. I wasn't as organized as I should have been so I focused on just a few things. Yesterday I spent the day cooking beans... Lima beans, kidney beans and black beans. I put together some breakfast casseroles and made a little apple crisp as a treat for Mike. I also used my crockpot to cook up some country style ribs.
Today I focused on baking things. I made loaves of blueberry, lemon poppy seed and chocolate chip bread. I am going to take a plate full to the Bible study on Thursday. I also made barbecued Lima beans, corn dog muffins and popcorn chicken. I had a long list of delicious sounding recipes I wanted to try but I didn't have the ingredients at home and my lack of organization left me unprepared. For now, I have part of the freezer stocked and I look forward to the next Freezer Cooking Day!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Wow! You were certainly productive!! I need to bring you to my house... *grin*

Darla said...

what a great idea!!! i sure wish i could do this, i wouldnt know where to start!!!...i emailed you my address, finally! thanks for those coupons!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...