Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Dozen #5

This week I am late in completing my Random Dozen but I thought better late in joining Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee than not participating at all...so here goes.

  1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?” yes, of course...although we used up our last one the end of last year and we have not gotten any new ones in a while so maybe they aren't sending labels as often as they use to.
  2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for sky watching? a sunrise or sunset is the best...when we go on cruises we try to get out on the deck to watch the sun rise...oh so beautiful!
  3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? I will try anything once (or at least that is what I keep telling myself)
  4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? no... can't say that I have
  5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be? Spanish...although I speak some Spanish I would love to become fluent again... knowing Spanish is a huge benefit in this day and age.
  6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say? I want to be cremated so no tombstone for me.
  7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like. Lizard... I know strange right... well my family calls me Lizzie and occasionally my sister calls me lizard lips so I thought Lizard was a good one name fit for me.
  8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show? Sue Thomas FBI was one of my favorite shows although I think it only ended up lasting one season...maybe two... don't remember for sure... anyone else ever watch Sue Thomas FBI?
  9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about? I have several different sneezing techniques... it depends on the situation... if I am in the middle of church I keep it in... but if I am home I can really sneeze loud, mouth wide open "achoo"... if I have my mouth full of food or drink and I need to sneeze at home, it is all through the nose which makes it a quieter sneeze but not as quiet as my inside church sneeze.
  10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere? Honestly I don't like to read news or listen to the news... so many bad things happening... it seems every time I do read or listen to the news there is a mother killing her children or something like that and I just can't handle it.
  11. Are you a good speller? no... not at all
  12. At what time each day do you start thinking about lunch? 11 or so... especially when I don't have leftovers and I need to plan something to make for me and Mike to eat.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...