Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 8

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Sorry for being MIA this past week. I guess I should have warned all my readers (whomever you may be) that I was going to be away from my computer all week. Although I was super busy, I was able to take tons of pictures.

I was at a friends house all week watching her little ones. It was loads of fun but not being use to having children 24-7 really tired me out. I have a new appreciation for my friend. She has done an awesome job training the children to obey...obey the first time... and obey with a happy heart. She is amazing!

Climbing the bunk beds like monkeys Wrestling
Aren't they adorable?

You can tell by her messy hair just how much fun they had jumping on a stack of mattresses
One day the guns came out and they had a blast with them

They have great imaginations!
I don't know what this face was all about but I had to share the picture... it just makes me laugh!
Mike bought me an iPhone for Valentine's day... he found it on Craigslist and we picked it up on Saturday
We went to Kroger today and got some wonderful deals... I saved $75.38 and paid a total of $17.52 out of pocket
Today we did a crazy thing and let the chickens out of their fenced in area. My grandpa told us a while ago that if we let them out a few hours before the sun goes down, they can roam free and enjoy fresh grass and once the sun goes down they will go roost in the hen house for the night. Sure enough we let them out around 3:30pm and by 6:45 they were all in the hen house ready for bed time.
Hope everyone had a fabulous week. Now head on over to Sara's blog to read what others have been up to. Have a blessed week!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Busy week :-) Just looking at your photos made me tired. LOL

I did not know that about chickens! Not that it will ever "come in handy" since I don't ever plan on having any, but it's a fun factoid :-)

Rita said...

The pictures of the kiddos are great - lots of activity going on!

I've heard that about chickens and one day would love to have some and find out if it works! Nothing like free-range, grass fed eggs!

Robin Lambright said...

Getting a deal is one of my favorite things!

Very cute children! Makes me tired juts looking at all the activeness.

Blessings
R

Tori said...

What a fun week and what a blessing to have a friend like you to trust with the kids!
I am amazed to learn that about chickens.
Great week!

Cathy said...

The pictures of the kids are so cute. They looked like they were having a blast.

The Bug said...

Goodness, how many children were there? Every picture looked like a different child LOL.

Great job at Walmart. I need to be a little more shopping savvy - but I've never enjoyed shopping so I don't like to spend time on strategy.

achildoftheking said...

I love kids... and chickens... I miss having mine! I want my farm back... waaahhh.. lol sorry!

The Davidson Den said...

That's so sweet of you to watch your friend's kiddos. What a blessing you were to her! (I speak from experience as a mommy who doesn't get out much.)

An iPhone. Drooling...

Whoa! You did GREAT at Kroger!!!!!!

Good little chickies. Getting lots of yummy grass and bugs. So good for them. And for their eggs!

riTa Koch said...

Exhauting and exhilirating week???!

Great concept with the chickens. Loved that pic.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...