Sunday, February 28, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 9

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

After my busy and full week with lots of kiddos last week, I decided this week I would work on some card projects. This is a card I found unfinished from years ago. I am not sure why I never finished it since it was really rather easy to complete but it's done now.
Mike printed some labels for me and I ended up with 6 blank labels not used on the sheet. We normally put it back through the printer again but I wasn't thinking and I started cutting some of the labels I was going to use. So I couldn't put the paper back through the printer so I decided to make cards and use the labels. I think the cards turned out nice.
I am really trying to use up supplies in my craft room before buying more. I have had this jar of diamond dust (I think that is what it's called) for several years. I never really new how to use it without making a huge mess. I started doing a little experimenting. I found some craft glue I had and I outlined the flower with the glue and then poured the diamond dust all over it. I thought it looked good but I wanted to see what it would like cover the entire flower with glue and diamond dust. So I grabbed a paint brush and made another card, spreading the glue all over the flower.
Which card do you like better? The outline version or the complete image covered?
Last month we received a wedding invite for the son of a former pastor of ours. We aren't going to be able to go to the wedding but I did want to make sure that we got a card and gift sent to them. I actually took the invitation and created a wedding card to match. The background paper and ribbon on this card are from the original wedding card. Now I need to get a gift card and get this card out to them.
I had an extra piece of the background so I decided to make an Easter card to give to Mike.
Friday I was back with the kiddos and we had an extra little one. She was a bundle of joy.
Time to read how everyone's week went...heading over to Sara's blog.

10 comments:

sara said...

your cards are wonderful!!! I love the ones that you used the labels...very cute!!

Shannon said...

Beautiful cards! I wish I had that talent.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow you are really talented. I like the outlined card best. Just makes the flower pop more. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love meeting new people.

Cathy said...

Such beautiful cards. I make cards sometimes and I really need to get back to it someday I like the one with the diamond dust all over the picture.

H-Mama said...

Very pretty cards. Love the glitter... my Gracie would call that 'bling'. ;)

{Oh... the apps... I've had fun grazing the many apps out there. My girls love Tilt 'n Sketch, making designs with a lady bug, among many other educational apps. For me? We use TipWaiter, Bump, TLC, NBCOlympics, USA Today, FB, MPPhotobooth, PhoneFlicks... to name just a few.;)}

Darla said...

such beautiful cards! i like the one with the outline the best...however i had a hard time picking...they are both wonderful! you have a great talent for what you do.

Tori said...

I love your cards! I always want to make some, but never know where to start or what to do.
What a sweet little one...beautiful!

The Bug said...

That was a really good idea with the labels - I've made "window" cards like that, but I cut the paper to fit - labels would be MUCH easier!

I actually like the card with glitter all over it best - it gives it a nice dreamy, yet "rich" feeling...

I had a friend who made her wedding invitations & I used the materials from it to send them an anniversary card one year. I wasn't entirely happy with it - I had just started stamping & it wasn't great - but she appreciated the sentiment.

Keep posting card pics - it might help me get my mojo back!

riTa Koch said...

I liked all your cards!
I know you enjoy giving them, but I hope yous sales are doing well too.
I have been making cards from old calendars. I also like to take graduation and wedding invitations and make cards or little boxes to decorate a gift. And I especially love photo cards, creating my own.
Soorry, I'm not a very good customer :(

The Davidson Den said...

The card ALL look great! But since you're asking my opinion and all, I think I like the one with Diamond Dust all over the image. You can never have too much sparkle. At least, that's true for cards... ;)

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...