Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use both...it just depends on the size of the gift if I can wrap it easily or if putting it in a bag works better
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial and I like it that way...no mess and I can put up the Christmas tree whenever I want to...added bonus, it's cheaper than buying a tree every year
3. When do you put up the tree? whenever... I don't have a set date... really depends on what my plans are around Thanksgiving...I would say around Thanksgiving... my motto is - the sooner the better :-)
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Eve or Day
5. Do you like eggnog? No...although I am not really sure if I ever even tried it... to me it's just the thought of drinking raw egg that turns me off
6. Favorite gift received as a child? honestly don't remember any one special gift... they were all special!
7. Hardest person to buy for? my Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? my Mom - except keeping it a secret is the hard part... somehow she always knows what she is getting
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes I have 2 very special ones... one that is from Israel and made out of olive wood and the other is a precious moments set
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail... I love making my cards and I wouldn't have it any other way... email seems so cold to me
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? don't know of one, although I could just be blocking it out of my mind because it was so traumatic :-)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? that is hard for me to say I have a favorite because I have lots of Christmas movies and I love them all
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever I see something...doesn't matter what time of year it is...I am always looking!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? sure... and if anyone says they haven't then they are not telling the truth... why not give a gift to someone else if you don't want it and you know they would appreciate it?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all the delicious baked goods... I am not picky... any will do
16. Lights on the tree? yes, lots, and they have to be white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? depends where family is...Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without family around
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? no... probably not...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? tradition was always one present on Christmas Eve (normally something matching) and the rest of the gifts on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the traffic
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? one of my favorite ornaments is a simple little Joseph, Mary & baby Jesus
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? candied sweet potatoes... only make them at Thanksgiving and Christmas
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a hard anodized non stick skillet and a hand blender... both things are needed in my kitchen :-)

Now it's your turn. Go ahead and fill out your own answers and post on your blog!

1 comment:

EstarellasFamily said...

#5 really? No eggnog? Well, I guess looking at eggs all day may be a turn off. I like it....and I don't think it tastes like raw eggs. Almost like really thick milk with a hint of egg taste to it. Love the list though, it was cute!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...