Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Recap of 2009 Goals

As Christmas comes to an end, it's time for me to look at how I did on my goals for 2009 and meditate on what God wants me to focus on next year.

In looking at my 2009 goals, I realize that I have much room for improvement.

Family Goals:
  • Read through the Bible as a couple - we were on track for a long time but the last quarter of the year we got side tracked.
  • Participate in the walk to support Whispering Hope Crisis Pregnancy Center - unfortunately this year the date of the walk didn't work out for us.

Homemaking Goals:

  • Bake homemade wheat bread more often - this will be much easier to accomplish in 2010 with the bread maker Mike bought for me.
  • Plant at least 2 fruit or nut trees in our yard - we planted about 6 blueberry plants and 20 raspberry plants.
  • Complete one special deep cleaning/organizing project a month - we did some deep cleaning projects but not one a month.

Financial Goals:

  • Open a Roth IRA for me and Mike - Completed
  • Put at least $250 in each of our IRAs - We aren't contributing this much but I am thankful for what we have been able to put in our Roth IRA
  • Pay off the truck in 2009 (Mike has been doing an excellent job on doubling up on payments but if we buckle down on our spending we can pay it off this year ~ I know we can) - Mike is on track to make his last payment this week! Praise the Lord!
  • Make one extra payment this year on our mortgage. - Mike has been able to put alittle extra in each monthly payment this year which has added up to at least one extra payment this year. PTL!

Personal Goals:

  • Eat more fruits and veggies - hoping to improve more in this category this coming year
  • Drink more water - still a struggle for me
  • Make healthier choices - taking it one day at a time
  • Stop saying What?, Huh? and Yeah! - I think I am getting better at this

Spiritual Goals:

  • Read a chapter from the Bible each day ~ this will allow me to meditate more on what I read. - I focused alot on Proverbs this year
  • Each month do something for someone to show my love for them - I dedicated some time to wonderful family to help them in any way I could... just wanted to be a blessing
  • Increase my time in prayer - hope to spend even more time in prayer this coming year.
  • Pray more specifically - I am reading through a book a dear friend of mind sent me and I look forward to finishing and putting to action those things I learn from the book.

Pray with me as I meditate on what my focus should be for 2010!

1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

I think I may use your categories to think through goals for 2010.
I looked back at the original blog and saw Fancy Pants on there. Mike and I listened to that on the way out to Idaho. Fun!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...