Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Goals for 2009

For me the new year has always been a time to make a resolution to lose weight. Although I always started strong, it never lasted. This year I want to do things differently.

I am setting goals of things to accomplish by next year.

Family Goals:
  • Read through the Bible as a couple
  • Participate in the walk to support Whispering Hope Crisis Pregnancy Center
Homemaking Goals:
  • Bake homemade wheat bread more often
  • Plant atleast 2 fruit or nut trees in our yard
  • Complete one special deep cleaning/organizing project a month
Financial Goals:

  • Open a Roth IRA for me and Mike
  • Put atleast $250 in each of our IRAs
  • Pay off the truck in 2009 (Mike has been doing an excellent job on doubling up on payments but if we buckle down on our spending we can pay it off this year ~ I know we can)
  • Make one extra payment this year on our mortgage.
Personal Goals:
  • Eat more fruits and veggies
  • Drink more water
  • Make healthier choices
  • Stop saying What?, Huh? and Yeah!
Spiritual Goals:
  • Read a chapter from the Bible each day ~ this will allow me to meditate more on what I read.
  • Each month do something for someone to show my love for them
  • Increase my time in prayer
  • Pray more specifically

Books to Read:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great goals. I love the one about not saying "what, huh, yeah!" that is me! I need to break that habit too!
Toni

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...