Sunday, January 11, 2009

Project 365 ~ First Full Week

I pulled out the waffle maker I got for Christmas and used it for the first time on Monday. These waffles were made with freshly milled hard red wheat flour. They were yummy. I am still trying to figure out just how much mixture to put in the waffle maker to make sure if fills every square but doesn't overflow. I will continue to practice until I get it just right. In the meantime the waffles may look alittle funny but they still taste great. Tuesday I had a friend from church over to show me how to take better pictures of my cards. We had a great time and I learned alot. Here is one of the many pictures she took.Wednesday I went to Walgreens and took advantage of a great sale. They had Ben&Jerry's ice cream 2 for $6 and I had $3 coupons for each one. The Garnier Fructis shampoo was also on sale. I used a Walgreens coupon along with a manufacturer coupon to get those for free also. I paid $1.76 for everything in the picture below. I love finding deals like this!Betsy loves her rawhide bones. She can eat one up in alittle over an hour. When we sit down to watch a movie she gets her treat. What can I say, it keeps her busy and happy so we can actually watch the movie and not be bugged by a dog who wants lots of attention and loving.Restaurant.com had a great offer the end of last year and I was able to buy a $25 gift certificate for around $2.50. I bought 10 different gift certificates to restaurants around our area. We used the first one at The Oar House in Dahlonega. We had a delicious sit down meal for the price of a fast food meal. I can't wait to try the other restaurants and I will keep my eyes open for some more deals at Restaurant.com Saturday Mike enjoyed a skeet shooting outing with a young man from our church. This was the first time he used his shot gun that he bought last month. He had a wonderful time filled with lots of manly bonding.
Even Betsy makes Sunday her day of rest. :-)

2 comments:

Heather said...

thank you for stopping by!

i love your pictures! i'm a cvser, we don't have a walgreens around here, but like you, i LOVE the deals and getting stuff for so close to free!

also, think your dog is adorable, and you've made me want to pull out my waffle iron... :)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I use to be a CVSer but the CVS near me doesnt have a good stock of sale items so when I go I end up very disappointed.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...