Friday, January 30, 2009

Swiss Steak

I hit the jackpot. I made this meal and Mike absolutely loved it. I didn't even have to ask him if this was a do again recipe (that is how I judge how he likes a meal because he has a hard time telling me he doesn't like something I made for him) Here is my version of this Swiss Steak recipe.

Swiss Steak

4 pieces of cubed steak
2 cans of Golden Mushroom soup
flour (seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic)
2 stalks of celery
1 onion

Chop the celery and onion and put it in the crockpot. Place each piece of cubed steak in the seasoned flour and coat both sides well with flour. Brown each side in a skillet with oil. Once both sides of meat are browned place in crockpot on top of veggies. Place 2 cans of Golden Mushroom soup on top of browned meat. Add some milk to the soup can to make sure to get all the yummy soup out. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours - checking to make sure it has enough liquid so the food doesn't burn.

I made mashed potatoes to go with the Swiss Steaks and like I said before Mike really liked this meal. Next time I make this I will also add some mushrooms.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...