Saturday, January 10, 2009

Obedience

The first verse of this song is common but a few years ago I found out there was a second verse. I recently found that old piece of paper with that second verse on it so I thought I would log it in my blog so I could keep it forever. I think this is a great song to teach children but it is also a good reminder to us all.

Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.
Doing exactly what the Lord commands; doing it happily
Action is the key - do it immediately
Joy you will receive
Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.

We want to live pure, we want to live clean, we want to do our best;
Sweetly submitting to authority, leaving to God the rest.
Walking in the light, keeping our attitude right,
On the narrow way;
For if we believe the Word we receive, we always will obey.

Chorus: Let's spell it O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E, Obedience is the very best way to show that you believe.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...