Friday, January 9, 2009

Fridays Fave Five ~ My First One

I recently found this blog called Living to Tell the Story. I love this idea of Fridays Fave Five so I'm joining this week, not sure if I'll be able to complete this every Friday but I'll try.

1. Phone Calls ~ I got a call from my sister this week asking me to go on a trip with her in May to a friends wedding in Indiana. I am really excited. I enjoy spending time with my sister and it'll be great to see our friend who I haven't seen in years!

2. Projects ~ I finally made it down to the basement and started getting things cleaned and organized. The project is huge and will take me a while but it felt wonderful getting started.

3. Bond with a fellow Sister in Christ ~ I had the great pleasure of spending the day with a friend from church. It's so wonderful to have a bond, to be able to talk about spiritual things: what God is doing, sharing life challenges, encouraging each other.

4. Freshly milled soft white wheat flour ~ I haven't used my soft white wheat in a long time. I tried this new Banana Pineapple bread recipe this week. It tasted soooo yummy. I'll share the recipe with you sometime soon.

5. Days off and free movies ~ Mike had the day off and we were able to spend it together. It was a great day. We got much accomplished and even got to watch a movie for free :-) Marley & Me was a wonderful but sad movie. I didn't realize it would be so sad.

If you would like to read more Fridays Fave Five posts, check out Living to Tell the Story blog. You might even want to join in on the fun!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Plans with a sister are so fun!

I have a huge organizing job in the basement too. Good for you for getting started on yours.

Thanks for joining in! I loved your list. Hope to see you again next week if you are able.

Willow said...

Welcome to Fave Five!

I have found the Friday Faves to be a great way to focus on gratitude and thankfulness all week long as I plan my faves.

Freshly milled flour--yum!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I had fun doing the Fave Five and look forward to doing again. :-)

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...