Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting Started

A few days ago I read about stocking a 90 day supply of food "just in case" of a number of situations that could take place in our lives. I don't want to go crazy with the idea but I do want to get some ingredients for meals that I can make. I also want to keep things organized and well stocked. Of course I don't have the money to just go out and buy a 90 day supply of food all at once but I got off to a good start last week. Publix had a great sale on spaghetti sauce and chicken broth. I was able to buy 5 big 32 oz cartons of chicken broth for 40 cents each and 10 jars of spaghetti sauce for 80 cents each. So I am off to a great start. I am going to make up some recipe cards for the meals I can make with the items I will be stocking.

Do you have any good meal ideas that you can share with me? I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...