Monday, December 21, 2009

Project 365 ~ Week 51

What a wonderful start of a week... the Christmas cantata at church.They did an awesome job!Betsy had a few inside days because of the rain. She stands by the door, looking out the window, searching for the squirrels. She loves chasing squirrels. Because of my surgery, I have been sleeping on the recliner in the living room. One morning this week, I woke up and saw this beautiful color in the sky. This picture just doesn't do it justice but I still wanted to share God's beauty. I had my post-op doctor's appointment so Mike dropped me off at the office and he ran a few errands. When he came back to pick me up, the truck was DIRTY. Mike went muddin' and if you know Mike this would drive him crazy. For some reason this is not bothering him, although I think that he wanted to get the truck nice and dirty so when he washes and waxes it for the new year it will be a HUGE difference.We got a surprise package in the mail from my FIL. Since we weren't going to be at home for Christmas we decided to open our gifts up early. I got an Amish cookbook and I can't wait to try some recipes from the book. Mike was thrilled with the AAA emergency car kit. I believe he put it right in the truck as soon as I took the picture. The Travel Trivia game waits for us on the table when we return. I hope to plan game night once a week next year. It will be fun learning a new game.Mike planned a huge surprise for my family. We flew down to spend some time with Mike's family and then when we flew home to GA, we jumped in the truck and drove to SC. We are staying here for 2 weeks to spend Christmas, New Years and my Dad's birthday all together. Thank you Mike for a GREAT gift!
Our week ended with spending time with Mike's family, I will share more pictures from that on a separate post.
One more week for 2009. Just amazing how quickly this year has gone. Be sure to check out Sara's blog and all the other Project 365 participants!

No comments:

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...