Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First Random Dozen


I keep seeing Random Dozen all over the blog world so I decided I would check it out and see what it's all about.  Maybe I will get into it and continue on a regular basis.  We will see!

1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss. I don't really have a strong view either way.  The idea of making gingerbread houses sounds like fun but I have never done one myself.  As far as eating gingerbread cookies, I am not a fan at all.  I don't like the spices in the cookie.

2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family? It is important to me but sometimes God had other plans for us.  My hearts desire is to live close to family but I have to follow my husband and support him in whatever God is leading him to do.

3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed? none... or atleast I can't think of any off the top of my head.

4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life? that is a tough one because I haven't seen any Christmas movies without Santa... so maybe I need some suggestions on GOOD holiday movies.

5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of? I have really been enjoying Oh Little Town of Bethlehem... I haven't listened to enough Christmas music this year to make myself tired of it.

6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime? We collect blankets for the persecuted in Sudan and we have a food drive for the Whispering Hope food pantry.  In the past we have participated in Operation Christmas Child also.

7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"  I try not to make it such a big deal.  If I am at the store and someone says "Happy Holidays" to me... I just reply "Merry Christmas"... Lately I have noticed that cashiers aren't saying anything... so when we say "Merry Christmas" they reply "Merry Christmas"

8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month? Just one...my church Christmas Cantata... which I was really bummed about not being able to sing in it this year... I practiced and I knew all the songs but my surgery just came at the wrong time...now that I think about it, it seems this year has been the least Christmasy for me.  I don't know if it's because of my recent surgery or what.

9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?  I don't remember ever having a white Christmas and I am totally dreaming of one... but I just don't think it will happen.  Even if we get snow on Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day it doesn't normally last.  Maybe one year I will get a white Christmas.

10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.  I only toys I remember as a child were my Barbie dolls and my Cabbage Patch doll.  I don't really remember if I got them at Christmas or when it was.

11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month? None... I am beginning to sound really pathetic!  I'm going to have to change this for next year!

12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?  Displaying my nativities... read the Christmas story in the Bible... plan on ways to bless others less fortunate...

3 comments:

SouthLakesMom said...

Not pathetic at all. Most of the blogs have only one or two events and very few have Christmas parties. I think people are making different choices in tough economic times...or maybe Christmas has gotten so un-PC that workplaces are avoiding the whole thing.

I love my nativities too. I have them from all over the world. This year my favorite is the one my son set up though...

http://southlakesmom.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-take-on-nativity.html

Susanne said...

I'm getting less and less interested in big Christmas parties and enjoy the smaler gatherings with a handful of people.

One Christmas movie I really like other than the norm of It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol is Family Man.

Anonymous said...

Not pathetic! All I see is what a giving person you are. Blessing others and truly that is what the season should be about.

Hugs!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...