Saturday, December 12, 2009

My First Blog Award

This is my first blog award ever. I can't believe it. I thought it would never happen. My Aunt Rita over at Meemaw Moments gave it to me. Blogging has been a fun adventure for me. I blog to keep in touch with family and friends (old and new). Although I don't get many comments and I don't have many who sign up as followers, I know that there are some more out there who read my blog. Now back to the award.


The rules for this award:
--list five things I like
--pass the award on to five friends

1. white lights - this time of year with all the Christmas decorations, I love going through neighborhoods and looking at all the lights. My favorite homes are the ones decorated with white icicle lights (put up straight of course)

2. picture cards - it's nice getting a Christmas card from someone but for me it's so much sweeter when there is a picture included or when the card is the picture (you know those picture cards you can have done at Walmart or just about anywhere that prints pictures) Although I have to admit, this year we didn't get a Christmas picture taken. So my very own Christmas cards are being mailed today with no picture included - sorry everyone!

3. handmade ornaments - I have a large collection of handmade ornaments. Most have been collected at ornament exchange parties. I miss those parties and I am thinking maybe next year I can start that tradition again.

4. pine cones - this season brings such wonderful smells and one of those smells are the cinnamon scented pine cones. I love walking into a store and smelling that cinnamon goodness.

5. snow - We don't get much of it but when it does snow for us, I just love sitting by the window watching it fall. Oh such beauty!

And now introducing the next five award winners (in no specific order):
1. Christie at Divine Calling
2. Marcy at Six Olive Plants
3. Allison at Pieces of Me
4. Maureen at The Estarellas Family
5. McKenzie at Pecan Pastures

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Pris in Argentina. I am one of those who enjoys reading your blog. Harold joins me in sending congratulations on your award.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Mr and Mrs Goossen - It is great to know that you are reading all the way in Argentina. Pray you are all doing well. How is your ministry going?

Anonymous said...

Things are going well. Back in May one of our Argentine pastors asked Harold to help him out in his church until the end of the year. So that is where we have been serving. He would like us to stay on longer. We are seeking God's will about this. Praying you have a good recovery.

riTa Koch said...

How did I miss your response until now? It's the Christmas season, i guess. I've enjoyed all your posts since. Love all the ornaments.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...