Sunday, December 6, 2009

Project 365 ~ Week 49

My week started out getting ready to have surgery so one of the things on my to do list was to make some extra food for Mike to eat while I was in the hospital. I decided to cook up the 3 chickens Mike butchered earlier this year. I thought it best to clean out the freezer because it's soon going to be time to add some more to the freezer.I went in for my surgery and I spent a whole day restricted to my hospital bed. Although it was hard not being able to get up, I did have a beautiful view of the mountains out my window.I was so thankful when the following day came and they unhooked me from everything and let me walk around. I had Mike bring my laptop to the hospital and it worked great. I was able to check my emails, blog and even play my FB Scrabble.When I got home from the hospital Mike showed me one of my Christmas gifts early. A bread machine just like my Mom has. I am so excited to make some whole wheat bread with my freshly milled flour. I was reading some blogs and came across a December Photo Project so I joined. I thought it would be fun to take pictures of some of my favorite ornaments and Christmas decorations. This is a cute little ornament I bought at a craft show. It is a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.A sweet lady at church made us a tater tot casserole and banana pudding since I just got out of the hospital. Isn't she so kind! Thanks so much Elaine!
Only a few more weeks left and we will be celebrating a new year. Be sure to check out Sara's blog and all the other Project 365 participants!

4 comments:

riTa Koch said...

Must be good to have the surgery over with and be back home.
I've wondered about a bread machine...sounds great. Nothin' like fragrance of freshly baked bread!

sara said...

so glad everything went ok with your surgery.

I used to have a bread machine a long time ago. I loved it, but found we were gaining weight with all the bread we were eating!!

banana pudding is my all time favorite. that looks so good!

Lhoyt said...

Looks to me like the surgery did not slow you down! You still got a lot accomplished.
Glad you got a bread machine. I surely have enjoyed the results of Mom using hers. And it does produce healthy bread. No preservatives, plenty of fiber, etc.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You got a Zo! Great Job! The best bread maker ever- right up there with the Bosch bread "Mixer"! Mike is a smart guy! Glad you are feeling better! Hey, do you need anymore wheat?
Nancy

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...