Thursday, December 3, 2009

Very Thankful

I am at the hospital, Lord willing getting discharged tomorrow morning. Yesterday I went through a c-section surgery to have 4-5 fibroids removed. God was so good and watched over me in so many ways. When I went in for my pre-op on Monday the doctor advised me that I could need a blood transfusion and if she couldn't get the bleeding stopped (worst case scenario) she would have to give me a hysterectomy. I signed all the paperwork verifying I understood.
This morning my doctor did her rounds and came in, talked with me and let me know that the surgery went very well. There was very little bleeding and she was able to remove all the fibroids. Praise the Lord! God also showed mercy on me by taking away most of my pain. The nurses kept checking up on me because I wasn't clicking the morphine button. This morning I was unhooked from all the tubes and I was able to walk around. It felt like I just had some pressure on my stomach. This area of the hospital is really slow right now, so I was able to spend some time talking with my day nurse. Once Mike got here after his day of work we went for a walk down the hall and back. As we walked down the hall we noticed that all the rooms are empty. I am the only patient here so I have my own personal nurse. I should be discharged in the morning and looking forward to being home very soon.
I wanted to thank everyone for praying for me. God heard your prayers and answered!

3 comments:

EstarellasFamily said...

Glad to see that you are home. I hope my brother makes a good nurse!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am happy to be home and Mike is a wonderful nurse!

riTa Koch said...

Thanks for sharing the details of your surgery. I had a hysterectomy for fibroids years ago.
So grateful everything went well for you.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...